Skip to main content

Every Time A Bell Rings, An Angel Gets His Wings


Hi guys! :)
God, isn't this weather terrible? I planned on going to find some pine cones and twiggy things to decorate the Christmas tree, but it's just too miserable to go anywhere unless necessary :/ 
One day this week i will be going to find some, whatever the weather!

I've been busy making decorations to sell at the Coffee Morning next Thursday, i promise i shall put more details in a post next week 

I've been making quite a few of these little angels, also to sell

I've also crocheted some little Christmas puddings , but the photo has disappeared.


I spent a very pleasant hour organizing the pantry/bookshelf and popped everything in jars that i had saved just for this :) i love re-using things :) and it all looks nice and neat and tidy (though it probably won't last!)


I've also got some apple cider vinegar on the go, it smells delicious! I love it as it's a great natural cleaner


We also finally got the fence fixed! Hip Hip Hooray! After 8 months of waiting for the housing association to sort it they finally got round to it!

It looks very strange now after seeing it down for so long.

I've also been making mulled cranberry juice
I LOVE  mulled cranberry juice. It's much cheaper than wine, and just as delicious 
I had some Schwartz mulled wine spice sachets left from last year, but the basic recipe is:
4 tablespoons light brown sugar
200 ml water 
500ml of cranberry juice
a smidge of lemon juice
one orange, sliced thinly
1/2 tsp of honey
Spices:
2 cloves- or a smigden of ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (or a cinnamon stick if you have one at the time)
a pinch of ground ginger

(You can also make some home made spice sachets from coffee filters, instructions here
Combine all ingredients in one large pot
Bring to boil and let it gently simmer for 10 minutes
Serve in a pretty glass and enjoy :)






Comments

  1. I like the idea of the Cranberry juice, I might make it and leave it on low in the slow cooker then you can help yourself whenever. I have a thing about jars, I keep all jars, so useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh i forgot about my slow cooker! i'll do that next time i make it :)

      Delete
  2. Mulled cranberry juice is a fab idea, I will give that ago & you have certainly been keeping yourself busy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, i promise, you'll love it! It's absolutely delicious :) xx

      Delete
  3. Mulled cranberry juice sounds delicious, and especially good for non drinkers! I hope that the coffee morning goes well for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it definitely is delicious! It's so much cheaper too, you can get cartons of cranberry juice for about 50p in bargain shops, or ow brand in Tesco's i think :)

      Delete
  4. Mulled Cranberry sounds lovely, I like things in jars, I hate opening the cupboard and finding packets of things, I remember a place in my old town a long time ago that sold everything loose every week when I was shopping I would go in there and buy loose ingredients and a jar I still have those jars, I was so sad when they closed down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is gorgeous! it's just the thing for cold nights :)
      Me too, it looks so untidy and everything ends up falling out and making a mess :)
      I wish we still had shops like that, it would create so much less waste! xx

      Delete
  5. Such cute little angels! I'm definitely going to try making the mulled cranberry juice for a change. I always think it's a waste of good wine. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) i'm in the middle of making more , and i'm procrastinating haha :)
      It is a waste of good wine, you buy a carton of own brand cranberry juice for around 50p, so it's a huge saving :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journalling, Seed Preparing And Yarning Along

Hi guys :) The other day, while scrolling through Pinterest, i came across the idea of a  Bullet Journal   The basic idea is to condense everything into one handy little book, if you click the link it will explain it much more succinctly than me. There's a video too :) This is a great journal for me as i can personalize how i like, everything is in one place and this year i may actually manage to be organized! I created my own little planner from an old hard back book that was falling apart I covered it in pretty wallpaper samples and added a pocket to slide in the blank notebook i got for Christmas And added a little cartoon me :) I am following the idea of the bullet journal for the most part, but the beauty of it is you can personalize it exactly to your needs I created a layout that suited me, with morning, afternoon and evening sections and my own little colour code system at the bottom, though this may change depending on if i find a

Drama!

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, i've been a very bad blogging neighbour, but i will try and get around everyone's blogs this evening (This is my new mantra) What a bloody week! First, i was awoken by the Bearded Wonder in the early hours on Sunday morning having chest pains and violently shivering, my poor hubby has a heart murmur, so this was doubly worrying, though i distinctly remember saying "what do you expect me to do about it?" thinking he was just cold (i'm not a great thinker when i've just woken up lol) then grumpily told him to go make me a cup of tea to get his circulation going , then i sort of got my act together, 999 was called and i was instructed to give him 4 aspirin and wait for the ambulance to turn up. They came and checked him over and hooked him up to the heart monitor thingy whilst i rushed about like a headless chicken packing a bag, fully expecting to go to hospital, only to be told

Round Up

Hi guys, Happy New Year :D Would you believe it'll be a year in late Feb since we moved here, where did that go? And what a year! I've made so many new friends, in real life and through blogging, and i was kept busier than i ever expected to be. For which i am eternally grateful. When i first started this blog i had a list of things that i wanted to learn and do throughout the year Some of them i have done, but a lot seem to have fallen by the wayside, so i am going to keep the list and add to it for this year The Old List Crafts and Home Master the knitting machine- nope, but in my defense i need 4ply yarn which i am still looking for a bargain on. Make jumpers/socks/blankets etc from said machine- As above Crochet more clothes and things for the home- Check- i am currently crocheting a blanket, and have made a few small things including Christmas decorations Spin yarn-  Check! Weave-not yet, i have the kit, but just need to find the right p