Skip to main content

Tah- Dah!


Hi guys! 
I can't believe how long it has been since i blogged! Sorry!
As usual, life took over, and the decorating began in earnest. We are almost done, i shall do another post on that though later in the week.


Firstly, the wallpaper arrived! Woohoo!

The first thing i did, of course, was add it to my beautiful dresser :)
So... Ta-dah!






It finishes off the dresser perfectly, and i am so very proud :)

The second Ta-dah comes in the form of my "new" dressing table, if you remember, i got a new dining table from a friend who was clearing his late mother -in-law's house, well the day after i got the table he rang and asked if would like a dressing table and a wardrobe, so i of course said yes , i am in the process of painting the wardrobe so will share a pic of that when i'm done 
I forgot to take a before picture, but it was a rather 50's/60's style teak style, and i was just desperate to brighten it up and add my own personality to it.

 I made some storage by upcycling powdered milk tins and wrapping them with wall paper, the biggest one on the left is a little bin for cotton buds, face wipes etc the Middle one is a honey jar, used for cotton buds and the one on the right is for make up brushes (only one in it at the mo as the others needed to be chucked, i've had them for years and they were getting tatty haha)





I also upcycled an old baking dish into a brush/misc tray for bits and pieces
Now a soft blue and gussied up with a lacy doily 

Oh and i spotted this for 99p in a charity shop! It's soo pretty! The cover on the atomiser needs fixing as it is fraying a little but otherwise it is perfect :)



I unearthed a cardboard box in the spare room which is now doing duty as a make up box


I also painted a chair and sacrificed a pillowcase to cover the seat :)


The THIRD Ta-Dah (I know, i'm on a roll!) i finally finished my blanket, it's not too big, but just perfect to snuggle under :)



So that's my news haha
I shall be off to catch up on everything i've missed :)


Comments

  1. Cute wallpaper! I love what you've done with it. Your blanket looks great. I need a new project and I'm thinking a blanket might be the way to go. I like the colours you've used. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules :D and i'm so pleased you're back!
      I loved his blanket as it was easy to pick u and put down, and didn't have think about it much when i was doing it, round and round we go haha :) I'm already planning my next one :) xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the comment on my blog, unfortunately I deleted it by mistake. So sorry. X

      Delete
  2. No wonder you've had no time for blogging. It's all looking lovely & pretty. Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to finally getting the decorating finished and having the house back to normal, the house feels like a tip haha
      Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  3. Its lovely making a house into a home and putting your own stamp on it, you are doing a great job of making it look very homely and cosy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn :) it's so much fun, and it means i can get rid of the dreaded magnolia ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Oooooh! Your dresser looks so so lovely! Love the dressing table with the upcycled jars and pots too, clever you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder you have had no time for blogging! You have been really busy. Love all your makes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blimey you have been busy :-) Love the chest of drawers make over they look really sweet and so does your kitchen unit. Great idea for covering and making the storage jars to, really pretty paper. Sweet blanket to :-) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi how clever you are. Everything is so gorgeous and quirky I especially love the dresser and the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is coming together now it looks lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I've just found your blog and ha&ve enjoyed reading back. It will go on my list of "Blogs to Visit When I Am Bored With Working" (don't worry, that's my only list of blogs to visit - it's not a "Special List"!) Your kitchen Ta-da! is lovely. I do admire people who are handy and talented like this - I'm not at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks great now that you've put your own stamp on it, I especially like the dressing table and you'll never lose anything with all those little containers. A place for everything and everything in its place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journalling, Seed Preparing And Yarning Along

Hi guys :) The other day, while scrolling through Pinterest, i came across the idea of a  Bullet Journal   The basic idea is to condense everything into one handy little book, if you click the link it will explain it much more succinctly than me. There's a video too :) This is a great journal for me as i can personalize how i like, everything is in one place and this year i may actually manage to be organized! I created my own little planner from an old hard back book that was falling apart I covered it in pretty wallpaper samples and added a pocket to slide in the blank notebook i got for Christmas And added a little cartoon me :) I am following the idea of the bullet journal for the most part, but the beauty of it is you can personalize it exactly to your needs I created a layout that suited me, with morning, afternoon and evening sections and my own little colour code system at the bottom, though this may change depending on if i find a

Drama!

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, i've been a very bad blogging neighbour, but i will try and get around everyone's blogs this evening (This is my new mantra) What a bloody week! First, i was awoken by the Bearded Wonder in the early hours on Sunday morning having chest pains and violently shivering, my poor hubby has a heart murmur, so this was doubly worrying, though i distinctly remember saying "what do you expect me to do about it?" thinking he was just cold (i'm not a great thinker when i've just woken up lol) then grumpily told him to go make me a cup of tea to get his circulation going , then i sort of got my act together, 999 was called and i was instructed to give him 4 aspirin and wait for the ambulance to turn up. They came and checked him over and hooked him up to the heart monitor thingy whilst i rushed about like a headless chicken packing a bag, fully expecting to go to hospital, only to be told

Round Up

Hi guys, Happy New Year :D Would you believe it'll be a year in late Feb since we moved here, where did that go? And what a year! I've made so many new friends, in real life and through blogging, and i was kept busier than i ever expected to be. For which i am eternally grateful. When i first started this blog i had a list of things that i wanted to learn and do throughout the year Some of them i have done, but a lot seem to have fallen by the wayside, so i am going to keep the list and add to it for this year The Old List Crafts and Home Master the knitting machine- nope, but in my defense i need 4ply yarn which i am still looking for a bargain on. Make jumpers/socks/blankets etc from said machine- As above Crochet more clothes and things for the home- Check- i am currently crocheting a blanket, and have made a few small things including Christmas decorations Spin yarn-  Check! Weave-not yet, i have the kit, but just need to find the right p