Skip to main content

Woolfest!

Hi guys! I can't believe that tomorrow it will be a week since we were at Woolfest already!
We had a wonderful weekend, tiring, but wonderful!

Now, i'm ashamed to say i didn't get nearly as many photos as last year :( On friday i was just so tired i didn't even think about my camera, all i wanted to was go to bed after getting up at 6am so we could set off at 8 and get there in time for lunch
Lovely Angora rabbits, i want one!



This is a Castlemilk Moorit, we made friends with the owner at lunch and had a wonderful chat about all things woolly :)















The hotel was wonderful, the staff were so welcoming and accomodating. 
The food was also lovely, if a little too generous, the portion sizes were so huge we only got through half of it! 

resting my poor feet after a long day!

I came home with some beautiful fluff and a new spindle,this is Merino and silk, the photo doesn't do the colours justice at all!

I didn't get such a bargain on fleece this year, i bought a huge bag of Blue Face Leicester X Swaledale for £8, so it wasn't too bad.


Angus sulking on the Bearded Wonders' knee. 
He wasn't at all impressed that i'd gone, he came for a cuddle then swiped at me and started attacking my feet! 
Whoops!



I was so inspired bu Woolfest i made myself a  basic spindle wheel. 
The base and legs were from an old broken drawer , and the bits that are holding the spindle were from a magazine rack

the stand holding the wheel is a table leg, i think it looks pretty cool, and it works well. It doesn't have a treadle yet so i have to spin it by hand, but i don't mind :)



The garden is progressing well, this photo is terrible though, i'll get a better one for next time :)
There are two Jackdaws sitting on my fence haha :)





As well as holding baking equipment, i have decided to actually use my dresser as a baking cabinet.

It just makes sense seeing as everything is already there and ready for use
I just keep everything on the tray and if i have a flour spillage it is all contained on the tray rather than all over the countertop.


I have recently discovered Hoosier cabinets on Pinterest, and i am completely smitten! What i would give to own a proper one, though even on Ebay they are out of my price range, some going for over £200! :(
Isn't this one pretty? and so useful!
My grandmother had on of these!! Why did we let her get rid of it!!!:
Even a small one like this would be perfect
1950s kitchen larder cabinet w/ integrated bread bin + pull out pastry table:






Comments

  1. Love your home made spinning wheel! I have a baking area and I love it! I too love vintage kitchen cabinets and have a board of them on Pinterest. Here is the link for my bread recipe. The only change I make is I only use 80g of sugar as it can be a bit sweet for us with more. Let me know how you get on.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you louise :) i will have to stalk your pinterest so if you notice a huge amount of pinning it will be me haha :D xx

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it's been a whole year since you last posted you'd been to woolfest! I'm glad you had a good time. The rabbits are cute but the faces on those sheep...☺ Things are coming along nicely on your home and garden front. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right? it only seems a few months ago since i went there last! Aren't the sheep sweet? Their faces are so sooth looking! I think they are Shetland, i can't quite remember haha xx

      Delete
  3. I commented on here yesterday. Hope it isn't lost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure why the link didn't work, trying again. http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/25808/whitebread.aspx
    Hope this gets you this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) perfect timing as i have to make more tomorrow :~) xx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journalling, Seed Preparing And Yarning Along

Hi guys :) The other day, while scrolling through Pinterest, i came across the idea of a  Bullet Journal   The basic idea is to condense everything into one handy little book, if you click the link it will explain it much more succinctly than me. There's a video too :) This is a great journal for me as i can personalize how i like, everything is in one place and this year i may actually manage to be organized! I created my own little planner from an old hard back book that was falling apart I covered it in pretty wallpaper samples and added a pocket to slide in the blank notebook i got for Christmas And added a little cartoon me :) I am following the idea of the bullet journal for the most part, but the beauty of it is you can personalize it exactly to your needs I created a layout that suited me, with morning, afternoon and evening sections and my own little colour code system at the bottom, though this may change depending on if i find a

Drama!

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, i've been a very bad blogging neighbour, but i will try and get around everyone's blogs this evening (This is my new mantra) What a bloody week! First, i was awoken by the Bearded Wonder in the early hours on Sunday morning having chest pains and violently shivering, my poor hubby has a heart murmur, so this was doubly worrying, though i distinctly remember saying "what do you expect me to do about it?" thinking he was just cold (i'm not a great thinker when i've just woken up lol) then grumpily told him to go make me a cup of tea to get his circulation going , then i sort of got my act together, 999 was called and i was instructed to give him 4 aspirin and wait for the ambulance to turn up. They came and checked him over and hooked him up to the heart monitor thingy whilst i rushed about like a headless chicken packing a bag, fully expecting to go to hospital, only to be told

Round Up

Hi guys, Happy New Year :D Would you believe it'll be a year in late Feb since we moved here, where did that go? And what a year! I've made so many new friends, in real life and through blogging, and i was kept busier than i ever expected to be. For which i am eternally grateful. When i first started this blog i had a list of things that i wanted to learn and do throughout the year Some of them i have done, but a lot seem to have fallen by the wayside, so i am going to keep the list and add to it for this year The Old List Crafts and Home Master the knitting machine- nope, but in my defense i need 4ply yarn which i am still looking for a bargain on. Make jumpers/socks/blankets etc from said machine- As above Crochet more clothes and things for the home- Check- i am currently crocheting a blanket, and have made a few small things including Christmas decorations Spin yarn-  Check! Weave-not yet, i have the kit, but just need to find the right p