Skip to main content

Freewheeling!


Hi guys! Remember me?
 Well...I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't!
For the past month I have been thoroughly immersed in the cycling world as we finally got The Bearded Wonder a bike!

 Some of you will remember that i got my bike last year from freecycle, and i've been patiently waiting until The Bearded Wonder got his to go out exploring together.

looking cool and unruffled, whilst i was red faced and out of breath!

i look like a hamster with its cheeks stuffed! 

A fortnight ago we ventured out on our first 10 mile ride , the problem with going anywhere out of our village is you will always have a hill to come back up!
halfway up!

A well deserved doughnut once we got home! 

I also made a wee saddlebag from an old handbag pocket with clips attached to hold the puncture repair kit, just in case :)


Last week saw us cycling to the next village, about 4 miles away, and the whole way was downhill, we've been through it before in a friends car but we didn't quite realize how steep it was!

We were going to go and have a wander about and have a cuppa then cycle back home, we got about 3/4 of the way and decided to turn back, as we weren't sure if there were even more hills that we would have to walk back up, it was only once we got home and looked at the map online did we realize how close we had gotten! 
So the way home wasn't quite as much fun as the way there.
See that hill in the distance? Well we live at the top of it. 


What i've noticed most about cycling is that for the beginner you will feel every slight incline, no matter how gentle, and it sure takes its toll on your muscles!
A fortnight ago i had to walk up the last bit of this long incline, yesterday i got the full way up! It may seem like nothing to experienced cyclists, but for me it was a huge deal and i was so pleased and proud of myself :)



I hope i haven't bored you (Hello? Wake up! I heard you snoring over there! ;-) ) with my rambling on about cycling, but it is so much fun, the sense of freedom you get barrelling down a hill, and you get fitter the further you go!

In other news, the garden has drastically changed(in a good way), but i will go into more details in another post.
My bread making is going from strength to strength, i now make all of our bread apart from when we fancy a change every now and then haha


Angus is getting huge now! He has been clamouring to go outside and explore, so he goes out under strict supervision, especially as he still needs to go to the vet and get The Snip and a microchip

He now has his first fancy collar

He has a huge naughty streak, and has taken to stealing my shoes at every opportunity, some cats like catnip, mine has a shoe fetish, as he loves to stick his head inside the, the little oddball.


He's such a handsome wee tiger :)


That's all for now, i will do a proper garden post in the next week or so (hopefully not another month!)
I'm also on Instagram, if you would like to follow me there :)

https://www.instagram.com/myempireofdirtgarden/








Comments

  1. Great photographs. Angus is so gorgeous. As I type this Mog is fast asleep next to Lily both looking like butter wouldn't melt!
    You're doing great with your bike riding. Even though I can run ok I really struggle on my bike, which isn't great as t'other half is a keen cyclist and used to do a 50mile round commute to work every day! I need some motivation so thank you.
    By the way, you don't look like a hamster, you look lovely, and I adore the saddlebag you have fashioned - very girly chic. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four miles of mostly uphill wow, that is hard cycling! But it is great fun isn't it especially if you managed to get the bikes from freecycle. I love your little pocket for your spare parts that's genius.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journalling, Seed Preparing And Yarning Along

Hi guys :) The other day, while scrolling through Pinterest, i came across the idea of a  Bullet Journal   The basic idea is to condense everything into one handy little book, if you click the link it will explain it much more succinctly than me. There's a video too :) This is a great journal for me as i can personalize how i like, everything is in one place and this year i may actually manage to be organized! I created my own little planner from an old hard back book that was falling apart I covered it in pretty wallpaper samples and added a pocket to slide in the blank notebook i got for Christmas And added a little cartoon me :) I am following the idea of the bullet journal for the most part, but the beauty of it is you can personalize it exactly to your needs I created a layout that suited me, with morning, afternoon and evening sections and my own little colour code system at the bottom, though this may change depending on if i find a

Drama!

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, i've been a very bad blogging neighbour, but i will try and get around everyone's blogs this evening (This is my new mantra) What a bloody week! First, i was awoken by the Bearded Wonder in the early hours on Sunday morning having chest pains and violently shivering, my poor hubby has a heart murmur, so this was doubly worrying, though i distinctly remember saying "what do you expect me to do about it?" thinking he was just cold (i'm not a great thinker when i've just woken up lol) then grumpily told him to go make me a cup of tea to get his circulation going , then i sort of got my act together, 999 was called and i was instructed to give him 4 aspirin and wait for the ambulance to turn up. They came and checked him over and hooked him up to the heart monitor thingy whilst i rushed about like a headless chicken packing a bag, fully expecting to go to hospital, only to be told

Round Up

Hi guys, Happy New Year :D Would you believe it'll be a year in late Feb since we moved here, where did that go? And what a year! I've made so many new friends, in real life and through blogging, and i was kept busier than i ever expected to be. For which i am eternally grateful. When i first started this blog i had a list of things that i wanted to learn and do throughout the year Some of them i have done, but a lot seem to have fallen by the wayside, so i am going to keep the list and add to it for this year The Old List Crafts and Home Master the knitting machine- nope, but in my defense i need 4ply yarn which i am still looking for a bargain on. Make jumpers/socks/blankets etc from said machine- As above Crochet more clothes and things for the home- Check- i am currently crocheting a blanket, and have made a few small things including Christmas decorations Spin yarn-  Check! Weave-not yet, i have the kit, but just need to find the right p