Skip to main content

A Good Ol' Catch Up!



Hello there!
Wow! Its been two months since my last post! I just don't know where the time went!

So, what's been happening?

We are now the proud owners of 2 blackcurrant bushes, a tayberry bush and a loganberry bush, i've planted them and so far they seem to be surviving haha, fingers crossed!

We have a "new to us" rug, which covers almost the whole living room, so no more cold floorboards! Woohoo! Thanks to lovely Jayne for helping to cart it back for me :)
Also, thanks again to Jayne, we have a wee hoover called James :)

The Bearded Wonder and i have been making the most of the lovely weather and have been exploring on the bikes 



That day was sooo hot!

I've been getting crafty and made a matching seat cover and bar bag for my bike out of an old backpack , and a face cover/neckwarmer for the cold weather from the bottom of an old t-shirt, though i have a feeling i may need to make a thicker one!

Angus is getting so big now! He's 9 months old already.
He loves to climb my curtains and thinks he is ever so clever!

A fortnight ago we took him to the vets for The Snip, and he has only just started to speak to me again! Whoops! 


Giving me The Glare




I made some new pantry shelves out of some old drawers bolted together, as our kitchen is so tiny we need all the storage space we can get!
I drew out some labels so i remember what's in each jar 


In very happy news i won a giveaway on Instagram! A rather gorgeous looking cycling jacket, which is 100% waterproof and windproof , which is perfect for our village, being so windy and cold! 

Last week a friend gave me some surplus apples from her tree so yesterday i made some apple chutney, which was...um..fun..as the apples were quite small and a bugger to peel and now the kitchen stinks of vinegar haha

She will get a jar back as part of her Christmas present, as it should be mature by then :)

The jars look so pretty sitting on the shelf :D





Comments

  1. You are really making progress with your home and garden well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back MEOD. I wondered how your veg plot was coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy bee! Your garden is looking great. I enjoy following your progress on instagram but it's nice to see you back here too. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been busy! Great to hear from you, hope you and Bearded Wonder are well and looking forward to more updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you pop up on my reading list. Loving fab. The little apples are a bugger aren't they!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking you're OK, you haven't posted for a while

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journalling, Seed Preparing And Yarning Along

Hi guys :) The other day, while scrolling through Pinterest, i came across the idea of a  Bullet Journal   The basic idea is to condense everything into one handy little book, if you click the link it will explain it much more succinctly than me. There's a video too :) This is a great journal for me as i can personalize how i like, everything is in one place and this year i may actually manage to be organized! I created my own little planner from an old hard back book that was falling apart I covered it in pretty wallpaper samples and added a pocket to slide in the blank notebook i got for Christmas And added a little cartoon me :) I am following the idea of the bullet journal for the most part, but the beauty of it is you can personalize it exactly to your needs I created a layout that suited me, with morning, afternoon and evening sections and my own little colour code system at the bottom, though this may change depending on if i find a

Round Up

Hi guys, Happy New Year :D Would you believe it'll be a year in late Feb since we moved here, where did that go? And what a year! I've made so many new friends, in real life and through blogging, and i was kept busier than i ever expected to be. For which i am eternally grateful. When i first started this blog i had a list of things that i wanted to learn and do throughout the year Some of them i have done, but a lot seem to have fallen by the wayside, so i am going to keep the list and add to it for this year The Old List Crafts and Home Master the knitting machine- nope, but in my defense i need 4ply yarn which i am still looking for a bargain on. Make jumpers/socks/blankets etc from said machine- As above Crochet more clothes and things for the home- Check- i am currently crocheting a blanket, and have made a few small things including Christmas decorations Spin yarn-  Check! Weave-not yet, i have the kit, but just need to find the right p

Drama!

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, i've been a very bad blogging neighbour, but i will try and get around everyone's blogs this evening (This is my new mantra) What a bloody week! First, i was awoken by the Bearded Wonder in the early hours on Sunday morning having chest pains and violently shivering, my poor hubby has a heart murmur, so this was doubly worrying, though i distinctly remember saying "what do you expect me to do about it?" thinking he was just cold (i'm not a great thinker when i've just woken up lol) then grumpily told him to go make me a cup of tea to get his circulation going , then i sort of got my act together, 999 was called and i was instructed to give him 4 aspirin and wait for the ambulance to turn up. They came and checked him over and hooked him up to the heart monitor thingy whilst i rushed about like a headless chicken packing a bag, fully expecting to go to hospital, only to be told