Skip to main content

Hello?


*Peers round corner*

Hello? Is anyone there?

First of all, i would like to apologize for being so long updating here! It's been pretty busy around here, especially in the past month or two, and i have been updating mostly via Instagram. 
We discovered that The Bearded Wonder has been having quite big heart issues , so much so that he was initially referred to get a pacemaker fitted, but on the day of his surgery the surgeon decided he was too young for a pacemaker and ended up fitting him with an under the skin monitor instead, which shall be in for 3 years, then he'll be re-assessed to see if a pacemaker is more suitable.
He is doing well, and recovering nicely from the surgery.



In other news, today is the day that Angus has been in our lives for a whole year!
He was so tiny then.

Somehow, out of nowhere, he has turned into this really fat, obnoxious fluffball!


We are still enjoying going out and about on the bikes, and we are looking forward to when The Bearded Wonder is stronger and we can go for longer rides again 






The garden is starting to wake up and show signs of life (though mostly in the form of bloody weeds!) My blackcurrant, tayberry and loganberry bushes seem to be thriving, and i can just see the buds forming ! I'm so excited and am hoping for a good first harvest :D 

I netted them over on Saturday, in the hopes that the birds won't get to the, though i have deliberately left a gap at the bottom so we won't have a repeat of last year and get a hedgehog caught up in it.

Most of the garden is looking a bit like steptoe's yard at the minute, with lots of wood, cardboard and carpet in the vain hopes of killing the weeds for NEXT YEARS growing season. I didn't want to, but i think raised beds may be the way to go :( 


Last week i made a wee wheelbarrow from an old shopping trolley and an unused glass recycling bin and for the moment i have tied it down with yarn as i have lost my string. 


I am also starting a new project, a compost tumbler.
I put  a hole in the top and bottom of a fermenting bucket, popped a stick through the middle, added air hole and propped it between to old chairs. According to research this is the quickest way to get coarse compost in months, so i'm looking forward to seeing the results.(if it works!)


I also have a very exciting new addition to my kitchen! 
Given to me by a very dear friend from my knit and natter group, a few months ago, i still go into the kitchen to just gaze at it and smile.



This weeks bargain was this amazing old enamel mincer for £5. I have been searching for one of these for years! Though it is not going to be just ornament. i plan to fully utilize it as a kitchen tool. I  used it today, in fact, i tested some potatoes to see how it would fare and it made the smoothest mashed potatoes ever! much better than mine! (though not better than the Bearded Wonders') i also feel it would be great in processing apples for chutney, and suchlike. 


Comments

  1. Love your kitchen mincer, mum had one screwed to me to the kitchen table for years. I will be watching your composter it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene, I'm excited to start using it properly 😊
      I'm really hoping the comp out tumbler works! Otherwise I'll look like a right pillock 😉

      Delete
  2. It's sooo good to see a post from you this morning. I'm pleased the BW is recovering well from his surgery and you will be continuing with your bike rides. I do enjoy seeing your photographs on Instagram.
    I can't think you have had Angus a whole year. It has gone by so fast and he has grown so much. He's still very cute though.
    Your dresser looks lovely and your garden is coming on a treat. Come back again soon. X 😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello nice to see you back in blog land

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journalling, Seed Preparing And Yarning Along

Hi guys :) The other day, while scrolling through Pinterest, i came across the idea of a  Bullet Journal   The basic idea is to condense everything into one handy little book, if you click the link it will explain it much more succinctly than me. There's a video too :) This is a great journal for me as i can personalize how i like, everything is in one place and this year i may actually manage to be organized! I created my own little planner from an old hard back book that was falling apart I covered it in pretty wallpaper samples and added a pocket to slide in the blank notebook i got for Christmas And added a little cartoon me :) I am following the idea of the bullet journal for the most part, but the beauty of it is you can personalize it exactly to your needs I created a layout that suited me, with morning, afternoon and evening sections and my own little colour code system at the bottom, though this may change depending on if i find a

Round Up

Hi guys, Happy New Year :D Would you believe it'll be a year in late Feb since we moved here, where did that go? And what a year! I've made so many new friends, in real life and through blogging, and i was kept busier than i ever expected to be. For which i am eternally grateful. When i first started this blog i had a list of things that i wanted to learn and do throughout the year Some of them i have done, but a lot seem to have fallen by the wayside, so i am going to keep the list and add to it for this year The Old List Crafts and Home Master the knitting machine- nope, but in my defense i need 4ply yarn which i am still looking for a bargain on. Make jumpers/socks/blankets etc from said machine- As above Crochet more clothes and things for the home- Check- i am currently crocheting a blanket, and have made a few small things including Christmas decorations Spin yarn-  Check! Weave-not yet, i have the kit, but just need to find the right p

Drama!

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, i've been a very bad blogging neighbour, but i will try and get around everyone's blogs this evening (This is my new mantra) What a bloody week! First, i was awoken by the Bearded Wonder in the early hours on Sunday morning having chest pains and violently shivering, my poor hubby has a heart murmur, so this was doubly worrying, though i distinctly remember saying "what do you expect me to do about it?" thinking he was just cold (i'm not a great thinker when i've just woken up lol) then grumpily told him to go make me a cup of tea to get his circulation going , then i sort of got my act together, 999 was called and i was instructed to give him 4 aspirin and wait for the ambulance to turn up. They came and checked him over and hooked him up to the heart monitor thingy whilst i rushed about like a headless chicken packing a bag, fully expecting to go to hospital, only to be told