Skip to main content

Building The Polygreen



Hello all!
The Polygreen is all finished! 

Also, not only is it finished, you may noticed it has been moved too! 
With the garden being so exposed, i decided it would be better for it to be side on to the wind, rather than head on, that way, hopefully, the wind will just go straight over the top. 

It's been quite a learning curve, figuring out how to keep it all together, stop it from flying away or collapsing!

A new sign for the garden gate.


The back wall being put up.


A bench for the plants to sit on

It's also just nice to sit in and just chill out with my morning coffee, as well as to grow plants in.


Last week saw me being given rather a lot of plants! A friend down the road gave me 6 tomato plants, and the bloke who gave me the blackcurrant bushes last year turned up with MORE tomato plants, so i now have 11 to try and keep alive haha. He also brought some pepper plants, courgette, rosemary, borage and sage.
I originally made two tiers of benches  but then a friend gave me two small benches which fit much better! 

I installed a guttering system using a metal pipe with a v shaped groove and added a funnel and half a washing machine pipe to the end. I've also added a hosepipe to the lower barrel, which is going to be the overflow so i can just dip my watering can in, rather than having to wait for it to fill up from the top barrel tap.

I also gotgiven some snapdragons and livingstone daisies, and the snapdragons are already blooming and look beautiful!




Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journalling, Seed Preparing And Yarning Along

Hi guys :) The other day, while scrolling through Pinterest, i came across the idea of a  Bullet Journal   The basic idea is to condense everything into one handy little book, if you click the link it will explain it much more succinctly than me. There's a video too :) This is a great journal for me as i can personalize how i like, everything is in one place and this year i may actually manage to be organized! I created my own little planner from an old hard back book that was falling apart I covered it in pretty wallpaper samples and added a pocket to slide in the blank notebook i got for Christmas And added a little cartoon me :) I am following the idea of the bullet journal for the most part, but the beauty of it is you can personalize it exactly to your needs I created a layout that suited me, with morning, afternoon and evening sections and my own little colour code system at the bottom, though this may change depending on if i find a

Round Up

Hi guys, Happy New Year :D Would you believe it'll be a year in late Feb since we moved here, where did that go? And what a year! I've made so many new friends, in real life and through blogging, and i was kept busier than i ever expected to be. For which i am eternally grateful. When i first started this blog i had a list of things that i wanted to learn and do throughout the year Some of them i have done, but a lot seem to have fallen by the wayside, so i am going to keep the list and add to it for this year The Old List Crafts and Home Master the knitting machine- nope, but in my defense i need 4ply yarn which i am still looking for a bargain on. Make jumpers/socks/blankets etc from said machine- As above Crochet more clothes and things for the home- Check- i am currently crocheting a blanket, and have made a few small things including Christmas decorations Spin yarn-  Check! Weave-not yet, i have the kit, but just need to find the right p

Drama!

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, i've been a very bad blogging neighbour, but i will try and get around everyone's blogs this evening (This is my new mantra) What a bloody week! First, i was awoken by the Bearded Wonder in the early hours on Sunday morning having chest pains and violently shivering, my poor hubby has a heart murmur, so this was doubly worrying, though i distinctly remember saying "what do you expect me to do about it?" thinking he was just cold (i'm not a great thinker when i've just woken up lol) then grumpily told him to go make me a cup of tea to get his circulation going , then i sort of got my act together, 999 was called and i was instructed to give him 4 aspirin and wait for the ambulance to turn up. They came and checked him over and hooked him up to the heart monitor thingy whilst i rushed about like a headless chicken packing a bag, fully expecting to go to hospital, only to be told