Skip to main content

Busy Busy


Hi guys :) 
These past few weeks have been so busy!
Well, last week, the fruits of my labour decided to collapse, after 7 months of hard service :( so that's another to add to the list of things to look for.

Preparations for the community exhibition are going really well, the day is looming  (13 Nov over the whole weekend)
I'm busy helping prepare the display boards to show off everything the centre has done, including children's drawings, a 20ft long banner, various groups such as cubs and brownies etc our very own knit and natter board with things we have made and so on. I drew a pair of hands knitting, and photocopied them and stuck them in various corners, so it kind of looks like they are knitting the photo's together
I also drew this one- which is hands crocheting. 
I can't wait to show you all of the photo's, and the blanket!! We got to see it almost finished today, and it is stunning!


I got crafty and made a blanket ladder, with foraged branches from the woods close by.


I made a cute wee cushion from fabric samples, just for the sake of it :) 
I also got a breadmaker!! yay!! i did have one for a short time a few months ago ,from a lovely friend, but it died rather quickly , sadly :( 
I'm looking forward to playing with it :)

I also get to play with this spinning wheel for a whole month!! I borrowed it from a lovely lady from our textiles group :) I'll have to show you proper pictures soon :) 


And finally... The Fog. I keep expecting to see pirates emerging at any minute (comment below if you get the reference ;) )


It has been like this for nigh on 5 days non stop! We are up so high on this hill we are practically living in the clouds anyway but this is getting ridiculous haha


What have you been up to this week? :)




Comments

  1. good luck with the exhibition, looks like you have been busy with your preperations, love the blanket ladder :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, i can't wait to finally see everything finished and in place :)
      i'm afraid i've been a rather naughty blog neighbour, i do read your post but i almost always get distracted, or have to rush off and forget to come back and comment xx

      Delete
  2. Hehe those pirates terrified me! You have been a busy girl. Hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 points to Gryffindor! I must say, i prefer the original version, much scarier :)
      And i hope it goes well too, busy this week putting on finishing touches, and roping in the hubby to cater for us :) xx

      Delete
  3. I have had several bread makers in the past, they all died on me, I would have another but it would have to come from freecycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww it's sad when they die on you :( especially when you need to make something lol keep checking freecycle , one is bound to turn up :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love your creations, especially the blanket ladder. I hope you sort out your wardrobe soon. I've given up hanging things now and just use drawers. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) i love it too, it makes me smile every time i look at it, and it's just so handy! I hope i find one too, i love drawers too, but we had to leave them when we moved to the wardrobe was the cheaper option xx

      Delete
  5. Hope all goes well with your exhibition! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) i can't wait to show pictures of everything :) xx

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the exhibition I am sure it will be great :-) Sorry about your wardrobe. I love having a bread maker the smell when you wake up in the morning is heaven. Enjoy your spinning wheel, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! only 2 days to go now i'm getting nervous now haha :)
      I haven't done an overnight loaf yet,planning on it at some point this week :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journalling, Seed Preparing And Yarning Along

Hi guys :) The other day, while scrolling through Pinterest, i came across the idea of a  Bullet Journal   The basic idea is to condense everything into one handy little book, if you click the link it will explain it much more succinctly than me. There's a video too :) This is a great journal for me as i can personalize how i like, everything is in one place and this year i may actually manage to be organized! I created my own little planner from an old hard back book that was falling apart I covered it in pretty wallpaper samples and added a pocket to slide in the blank notebook i got for Christmas And added a little cartoon me :) I am following the idea of the bullet journal for the most part, but the beauty of it is you can personalize it exactly to your needs I created a layout that suited me, with morning, afternoon and evening sections and my own little colour code system at the bottom, though this may change depending on if i find a

Drama!

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, i've been a very bad blogging neighbour, but i will try and get around everyone's blogs this evening (This is my new mantra) What a bloody week! First, i was awoken by the Bearded Wonder in the early hours on Sunday morning having chest pains and violently shivering, my poor hubby has a heart murmur, so this was doubly worrying, though i distinctly remember saying "what do you expect me to do about it?" thinking he was just cold (i'm not a great thinker when i've just woken up lol) then grumpily told him to go make me a cup of tea to get his circulation going , then i sort of got my act together, 999 was called and i was instructed to give him 4 aspirin and wait for the ambulance to turn up. They came and checked him over and hooked him up to the heart monitor thingy whilst i rushed about like a headless chicken packing a bag, fully expecting to go to hospital, only to be told

Round Up

Hi guys, Happy New Year :D Would you believe it'll be a year in late Feb since we moved here, where did that go? And what a year! I've made so many new friends, in real life and through blogging, and i was kept busier than i ever expected to be. For which i am eternally grateful. When i first started this blog i had a list of things that i wanted to learn and do throughout the year Some of them i have done, but a lot seem to have fallen by the wayside, so i am going to keep the list and add to it for this year The Old List Crafts and Home Master the knitting machine- nope, but in my defense i need 4ply yarn which i am still looking for a bargain on. Make jumpers/socks/blankets etc from said machine- As above Crochet more clothes and things for the home- Check- i am currently crocheting a blanket, and have made a few small things including Christmas decorations Spin yarn-  Check! Weave-not yet, i have the kit, but just need to find the right p