Skip to main content

Huzzah! A Sock!

Hi Guys :)
Remember my crocheted toe sock?
Well...here it is!

It isn't the prettiest looking sock, but as i used DK yarn it is super cozy and warm! 

I've had to sew up a few places where i've dropped stitches, and i can see a few in the photo above that i have missed,  but never mind.
I have to say, once i got started , it was pretty fast to work up, the heel was quite scary as i had never done one before, but it turned out to be pretty easy, i didn't work to a pattern, i  just halved the rows and worked back and forth, slipping a stitch at the start of each row.

In hindsight, i wish i had decreased a few more stitches on the cuff, as it is quite baggy, and added a few extra rows, but i can easily rip it out and add them, so it isn't the be-all and end-all.
I've already started the toe of the next sock and threaded it onto the needles, i did it as soon as i had finished, this way i don't get second sock syndrome haha :)

In garden news, i have planted out the leeks, the poor things won't know what has hit them, it has suddenly turned so windy! We live in a very hilly area, and we are practically on top of one of the hills, so there is very little protection from the wind. I wonder if i can figure something out that will block the wind a little? hmm.. must add it to my to-do list.

What are you up to this week?







Comments

  1. Well done on the sock! I hope that the leeks will be OK. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :), i hope so too! they seem a little limp today :( xx

      Delete
  2. Well done you on your sock, I've still got leeks to plant out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, do you have any tips on how not to kill leeks? :) xx

      Delete
  3. nothing beats handcrafted socks I love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn :D i love them too, my foot is toasty warm haha :D xx

      Delete
  4. I love your enthusiasm over your socks. Isn't it great to learn something new?!? Yay you! :^)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journalling, Seed Preparing And Yarning Along

Hi guys :) The other day, while scrolling through Pinterest, i came across the idea of a  Bullet Journal   The basic idea is to condense everything into one handy little book, if you click the link it will explain it much more succinctly than me. There's a video too :) This is a great journal for me as i can personalize how i like, everything is in one place and this year i may actually manage to be organized! I created my own little planner from an old hard back book that was falling apart I covered it in pretty wallpaper samples and added a pocket to slide in the blank notebook i got for Christmas And added a little cartoon me :) I am following the idea of the bullet journal for the most part, but the beauty of it is you can personalize it exactly to your needs I created a layout that suited me, with morning, afternoon and evening sections and my own little colour code system at the bottom, though this may change depending on if i f...

Bits and Pieces

Hi all :) Life is going at a gentle pace for once, which will probably soon change once our paint etc is delivered (fingers crossed for tomorrow!!) and i have been enjoying a bit of crocheting :)  Like this adorable tea cozy, which i am immensely pleased with Working on the next one The colours reminded me of Cornish-Ware  (Handsome Bearded Wonder in the background :)  ) I also made a little wreath, it's rather skinny as it's an old embroidery hoop , but it works.  I've also got a "new" kitchen dresser, as you know i'm the mistress of improvisation ;)   The computer table and the pantry shelves are now happily residing in the kitchen, and shall look much nicer when they are painted. As our kitchen is so skinny this was the best picture i could get and i had to lean over the sink to get it hahaha :D   I'm also going to take off the doors and have some form of curtain going across instead

Drama!

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, i've been a very bad blogging neighbour, but i will try and get around everyone's blogs this evening (This is my new mantra) What a bloody week! First, i was awoken by the Bearded Wonder in the early hours on Sunday morning having chest pains and violently shivering, my poor hubby has a heart murmur, so this was doubly worrying, though i distinctly remember saying "what do you expect me to do about it?" thinking he was just cold (i'm not a great thinker when i've just woken up lol) then grumpily told him to go make me a cup of tea to get his circulation going , then i sort of got my act together, 999 was called and i was instructed to give him 4 aspirin and wait for the ambulance to turn up. They came and checked him over and hooked him up to the heart monitor thingy whilst i rushed about like a headless chicken packing a bag, fully expecting to go to hospital, only to be told...