Skip to main content

Warm In Winter and Baking Day


Hi guys :)
(Yes, I've changed the blog again, it desperately needed a refresh- variety is the spice of life, right?)


Well, the snow is here, in case you haven't guessed by looking out of your own windows ;)
I had to dive out in the snow this morning to rescue my poor leeks! 
As you can see from the photo these were the only ones I managed to save :( I think the  others had decided to go to seed as they hadn't grown any more. Never mind. At least I've grown something rather than nothing :)

I really don't like snow that much. It looks pretty, but it's a pain to walk in, as we live at the bottom of a hill, and the shop is on the other side of it! Luckily, we went food shopping yesterday and got everything we'd need for the fortnight, and got last bits and pieces today, so we won't need to leave  the house at all :)  
I'll admit it does look very pretty

Yesterday i dug out the thick duvet and added an extra blanket as well as the blue throw
I also picked up this flannel sheet the other day when volunteering at the clothing bank, and my goodness the difference in warmth when getting into bed with a flannel sheet is amazing! Sooo lovely and warm, and you don't get that cold shock that you normally get when you have normal sheets, i highly recommend them for winter! 



I'm doing lots of baking and cooking today, I've got a chicken roasting ready for teatime, then the bones are going into the slow cooker for stock,I've already got lots of veg scraps in the freezer ready to go in too :) Then with some of the stock I'm making lentil soup, the rest shall be frozen.

I  also made some delicious scones
and a rather funky looking loaf of bread, but i promise, it was delicious! 
It shall be going with the lentil soup later :)






Comments

  1. Snow, where are you? it has gone cold here today,bit of a shock to the system. Soup weather for sure.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a wee village west of Co durham on a hill so we get all of the bad weather haha :) i'm soooo looking forward to my soup, it just needs to hurry up and cook now haha :) xx

      Delete
  2. I want a scone now! I hope you're keeping safe and warm. I keep meaning to look at buying some brushed cotton sheets. I bet they're lovely and cosy. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i've just tested them and they were delicious! perfect for such a rotten cold day :)

      You most definitely have to get those sheets, honestly, they are so cosy and warm, they've made such a difference on a freezing cold night :) xx

      Delete
  3. No snow here but we are going through lots of logs in the range. Free-bird is one of my all time favourite classic rock tracks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. luckily it was a one night wonder and was gone rather quickly thank goodness!
      Free bird is one of my faves too :)

      Delete
  4. Love the new look to the blog, we had snow too, but life goes on regardless of the weather, the scones look lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itsn't it lovely? i do love pretty things haha :)
      luckily the snow went rather quickly and hasn't been back, so with any luck that'll be it for a good while :)
      i can confirm through many tastings the scones were delicious ;) xx

      Delete
  5. Loving the blog change it looks lovely and cosy. So does your home I do like a flannet sheet much warmer I agree there. I have been making soup a lot to just lately its that time of year again :-) Bet your leeks were tasty. dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the blog change too :) it's the perfect change for winter, i'll probably change again in the spring to something light and frothy haha
      luckily you can only see a wee part of the house, if you saw the rest you would faint with shock! ;)
      The leeks were delicious, the middles went in the soup and the tops and ends have gone into the freezer waiting to be made into stock xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are always appreciated :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journalling, Seed Preparing And Yarning Along

Hi guys :) The other day, while scrolling through Pinterest, i came across the idea of a  Bullet Journal   The basic idea is to condense everything into one handy little book, if you click the link it will explain it much more succinctly than me. There's a video too :) This is a great journal for me as i can personalize how i like, everything is in one place and this year i may actually manage to be organized! I created my own little planner from an old hard back book that was falling apart I covered it in pretty wallpaper samples and added a pocket to slide in the blank notebook i got for Christmas And added a little cartoon me :) I am following the idea of the bullet journal for the most part, but the beauty of it is you can personalize it exactly to your needs I created a layout that suited me, with morning, afternoon and evening sections and my own little colour code system at the bottom, though this may change depending on if i f...

Drama!

Hi guys, sorry i haven't been around much this week, i've been a very bad blogging neighbour, but i will try and get around everyone's blogs this evening (This is my new mantra) What a bloody week! First, i was awoken by the Bearded Wonder in the early hours on Sunday morning having chest pains and violently shivering, my poor hubby has a heart murmur, so this was doubly worrying, though i distinctly remember saying "what do you expect me to do about it?" thinking he was just cold (i'm not a great thinker when i've just woken up lol) then grumpily told him to go make me a cup of tea to get his circulation going , then i sort of got my act together, 999 was called and i was instructed to give him 4 aspirin and wait for the ambulance to turn up. They came and checked him over and hooked him up to the heart monitor thingy whilst i rushed about like a headless chicken packing a bag, fully expecting to go to hospital, only to be told...

Bits and Pieces

Hi all :) Life is going at a gentle pace for once, which will probably soon change once our paint etc is delivered (fingers crossed for tomorrow!!) and i have been enjoying a bit of crocheting :)  Like this adorable tea cozy, which i am immensely pleased with Working on the next one The colours reminded me of Cornish-Ware  (Handsome Bearded Wonder in the background :)  ) I also made a little wreath, it's rather skinny as it's an old embroidery hoop , but it works.  I've also got a "new" kitchen dresser, as you know i'm the mistress of improvisation ;)   The computer table and the pantry shelves are now happily residing in the kitchen, and shall look much nicer when they are painted. As our kitchen is so skinny this was the best picture i could get and i had to lean over the sink to get it hahaha :D   I'm also going to take off the doors and have some form of curtain going across instead